terms and conditions
of German Type Foundry
- Products offered by GTF supply people who run their own business or are self-self-employed. With your order you confirm the use of our goods within your commercial or self-employed activity.
- German Type Foundry (named in the following as »GTF«) provides a channel of commercial distribution via the internet for font software (»fonts«) and other products on behalf of their designers. In this respect GTF sees itself as an broker between the customer and the font creator.
- All rights to the fonts offered to licence are in the hand of the respective creator. On the digital fonts the customer acquires the right of use according to the licence agreement of the respective creator.
- Being the network operator and proprietor of this distribution channel GTF is not the contractual partner of individuals who purchase products via this channel.
- Please be advised to register with your correct and complete data in the requested order form. Please be aware that in case of giving incorrect information you will be held responsible for all caused damages.
§2 Conclusion of the contract
- Products shown by GTF on the internet or any other media are not offered for sale but merely a request to the client to apply for a licence (invitatio ad offerendum). Applications for licences may be submitted online through the order form provided by GTF.
- The application submitted by the client shall be deemed to be accepted by delivery of the goods by the forwarding agent/carrier or mail.
- Applications for licences submitted by the client will only be accepted at current prices and conditions. All prices released either verbally or written are without obligation. Errors excepted.
- GTF cannot provide a guarantee that all offered products will be available at any time. GTF will inform you immediately if one or some of the goods are unavailable. If you already paid for the ordered goods we will refund you the amount owed.
- GTF shall not be liable for minor variations of the products offered online. No cover shall be provided using standard software, claims cannot be made for the use of the software. The user agrees to be bound by the terms of the licence agreement of the respective font creator.
- The customer can lodge his complaint for ordered items or obvious faulty items within two weeks after receipt of goods.
- The customer is advised to inform promptly the carrier about items damaged in transit, the package shall be kept until further notice for the clearance of the customers eventual claim. GTF reserves the right to mend products, repeatedly, too as well as deliver a replacement. In the event of failure the customer may reduce the price of the product or cancel the order.
- GTF cannot be held liable for any defects or damage which are caused by the customer or any third party. Excluded of any claim compensation are also defects of the products which are caused by improper packing of returns.
- Products distributed by GTF are protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaties. Unauthorized use, reproduction or distribution of the products may be prosecuted.
§5 Reservation of propriety rights
- Until complete settlement of all claims against the customer the delivered goods shall remain the property of the licence giving creator.
The licence shall be granted upon the complete payment of the product.
- An assignment of licences shall be entitled only with the prior written consent of the respective licenser.
- If the customer is in default of payment and payment will still be due upon reminder, GTF shall be entitled to call in the delivered goods. The customer must pay cost of return.
- Payment will be depend on place of delivery. It shall be made either by direct debit, (only for bank accounts in Germany), by credit card (international), prepaid (international), PayPal or cash on delivery (only for customers which live in Germany). Please follow our terms of delivery and payment.
- Given a cause, GTF is entitled to ask for sale against cash in advance.
§7 Data protection
- These general terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany, to the exclusion of the CISG (United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods).
- The place of fulfilment and venue is Heidelberg (Germany).
- The nullity of any of the provisions herein shall affect neither the validity of the agreement as such nor the validity of these general terms and conditions.
Ladenburg, May 2010